So, where do I begin? I'll start with the fact that I have had a passport since I was born. I am always able to find my passport especially when I do not need it. So of course the one time that I would need it, it would be gone!
I have been packed for this trip since Tuesday! On Wednesday night I took my passport and placed it in the bag that I would be carrying on the plane with my itinerary. I saw it on Thursday and even Friday. It was underneath some books (in my bag) that I intended on reading although I was probably going to sleep the whole time. I left to Logan airport and arrived three hours prior to departure. I reached in my bag to pull out my trusty passport and it was not there. I freaked out! Greta arrived around that time and she helped me search everything. Duane helped me search everything and I searched everything. No passport. I told myself not to panic and not to cry.
I head back to CT in hopes that it would be resting on the kitchen table. Two hours later, I arrive at home and no passport! I have no idea where it could be. I have not touched that thing since Wednesday. I have copies and everything. Needless to say I was very disappointed. But one of my many life motto's is that everything happens for a reason.
I had an opportunity to hang out with a friend that I have not spent time with in a while. I spent more time with my loving pup pup Mattie and I watched the Superbowl. Go STEELERS!
I learned that I may be able to obtain a passport within a few hours. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 9:30 am. My flight leaves on Tuesday at 5 pm and this time I am flying out of JFK. I'll have to embark on a 22 hour flight (with some lay overs) alone. Maybe I'll meet someone interesting....who knows. But one thing I do know is that come hell or high water I will be in South Africa!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, you will be in South Africa - very soon! Don't worry about the flight, it wasn't bad at all - you can do it! You'll sleep alot and I'm sure you'll meet interesting people. Can't wait to see you and start adventuring! xoxo
ReplyDelete